2010年7月6日星期二

Dell inspiron 1525 laptop battery

After twelve years of owning desktop computers, which finally opted for a laptop, so I would not be tied to my desk. After months of research and weighing various makes and models, I opted for the Dell Inspiron 600m Notebook Computer. This model has exceeded all my expectations and at a price that is hundreds of dollars less than many competing brands.

For several months I agonized in my computer the next purchase. I knew it had to be more mobile and a laptop that only allows me to take my "show on the road." However, the decision-making process was not easy because the number of different brands and models out there is unbelievable. Ultimately, I decided on a Dell partly a good past experience with the company and the affordability of its product line.

The model I chose was the Inspiron 600m. As with almost everything that Dell is based, is a "new" model, at least 600 meters is the designation. That is one of the confusing things about Dell and other manufacturers: every month Dell introduces new models and you need a scorecard to compare one model with all the others. Fortunately, the Dell Web site lets you do just that.

Main features of the Inspiron 600m include:

Lightweight: Just over five pounds.

Centrino mobile technology is standard.

14.1 inches

Pentium M Processor 725

24x CD Burner / DVD Combo Drive

256 MB DDR SDRAM DIMM 1

Wireless Network Card

Extended Battery

Microsoft Windows XP Home Addition

WordPerfect Productivity Pack

I kept my computer fairly basic, but opted for the latest version of Norton Security, a surge protected cable, a wireless router and a wireless mouse. I selected the wireless mouse that I thought the keyboard's mouse would be difficult to use. After two days to stop using the wireless mouse that quickly became accustomed to building one.

The screen is bright and the keyboard is solid. The mouse keys, however, are noisy, almost opaque, one wonders if Dell could have used a quieter spring for each key.

The battery lasts at least four hours without recharging and when necessary to recharge I can go from almost dead to full charge in less than an hour.

For the price - I paid just over $ 1100. for everything including shipping and local taxes - the Dell can not be beat. I have not had to call customer service, however, so I can not say that, although in recent years, the call is routed to a technician in India. This model comes with a limited warranty of one year, I avoided a sales pitch by phone after a three year warranty. The top of the security line for a technician to your home to fix your computer, so it may be an option for those of you who do not want to send - and therefore lose the use of - your computer back to Dell for repair.

You will find the Inspiron 600m is adequate for standard business work. As for his myriad of other models if you do a lot of graphic design or if you need a larger screen. I'm happy with 14.1, but you may prefer their 17 "model.